In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, let’s go over a few things you can do with your beloved that are both heart-shaped and heart-healthy! Okay, perhaps these tips won’t literally be heart shaped, but they’ll certainly help keep you in good shape, both romantically and physically!
By the way, it’s possible, with the right kitchen gadgetry, to craft a Corazonas Oatmeal Square into a Corazonas Oatmeal Heart!
- Don’t just pledge your heart; pledge your heart health, by promising to take care of yourself through a proper diet and exercise.
- Want to send her something sweet? How about a basket of delicious fruit? Kiwis, guavas, blueberries, and many other fruits are packed with natural sugars AND healthy nutrients.
- Want to show him you really know the way to his heart? (Which, we all know is through his stomach!) Skip the crowds and expense – and unhealthy temptations – of a Valentine’s Day dinner out and make him a heart-healthy meal at home.
- If you do eat out, plan to take a walk afterwards. Better yet, take your date dancing! Even moderate exercise, such as walking or dancing…or kissing…or, well, you know…has immediate healthful effects on the body!
- Also, if you eat out, remember that sharing is caring! We’re not suggesting you share a plate of spaghetti a la The Lady and the Tramp, but you can definitely meet each other halfway, diet-wise, and split one of your favorite “naughty” delights!
- Finally, use this special day to tell your loved one that you will do anything and everything under the sun to help him or her achieve the lifestyle – and the life – that they desire.
Yes, we talk a lot about taking charge of our own choices. And doing so is both important and necessary. But isn’t it easier – and nicer – to know somebody has your back?
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!